FREE WORKSHOPS AT TESTJS SUMMIT
The workshops from the list below are the complimentary part of full tickets.
The recordings of most workshops will be shared with full ticket holders after the conference.
Workshops will be run remotely via Zoom.
JS Security Testing Automation for Developers on Every Build
As a developer, you need to deliver fast, and you simply don't have the time to constantly think about security. Still, if something goes wrong it's your job to fix it, but security testing blocks your automation, creates bottlenecks and just delays releases...but it doesn't have to...
NeuraLegion's developer-first Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST) scanner enables developers to detect, prioritise and remediate security issues EARLY, on every commit, with NO false positives / alerts, without slowing you down.
Join this workshop to learn different ways developers can access Nexploit & start scanning without leaving the terminal!
We will be going through the set up end-to-end, whilst setting up a pipeline, running security tests and looking at the results.
- - What developer-first DAST (Dynamic Application Security Testing) actually is and how it works
- - See where and how a modern, accurate dev-first DAST fits in the CI/CD
- - Integrate NeuraLegion's Nexploit scanner with GitHub Actions
- - Understand how modern applications, APIs and authentication mechanisms can be tested
- - Fork a repo, set up a pipeline, run security tests and look at the results
To join in on the fun and to supercharge your security testing, you will need the following:
- A FREE Nexploit security scanner account - Sign up here, it literally takes minutes, no card details required - SIGN UP
- A GitHub Account - we'll be forking a repo, running a GitHub actions workflow together and running a security scan!
- Join our Discord for on-the-go support during the workshop and beyond: discord.gg/tSKSfzYWtD
- Dont forget to also sign up for the Nintendo Switch Giveaway in the Perks section!
Date & time: November 15, 16:00-18:00 CET. Remote.
Live e2e test debugging for a distributed serverless application
In this workshop, we will be building a testing environment for a pre-built application, then we will write and automate end-to-end tests for our serverless application. And in the final step, we will demonstrate how easy it is to understand the root cause of an erroneous test by using distributed testing and how to debug it in our CI/CD pipeline with Thundra Foresight.
- - How to set up and test your cloud infrastructure
- - How to write and automate end-to-end tests for your serverless workloads
- - How to debug, trace, and troubleshot test failures with Thundra Foresight in your CI/CD pipelines
The attendees will need to have an AWS Account, Node.js installed in the account. Development familiarity with serverless is beneficial.
Date & time: November 15, 18:00-21:00 CET. Remote.
Designing A Sustainable Freelance Career
Would you like to pursue your passions and have more control over your career? Would you like schedule and location flexibility and project variety? Would you like the stability of working full-time and getting paid consistently? Thousands of companies have embraced remote work and realize that they have access to a global talent pool. This is advantageous for anyone who has considered or is currently considering freelance work.
Freelancing is no longer an unstable career choice.
This workshop will help you design a sustainable and profitable full-time (or part-time) freelancing career. We will give you tools, tips, best practices, and help you avoid common pitfalls.
During the Workshop break, we will be running a speed-coding challenge! At the end of the workshop, we will award a prize for the winner and display the leaderboard.
We will have you login to our portal and complete each challenge as fast as you can to earn points. Points are assigned based on difficulty and the speed at which you solve the tasks. In case you complete all tasks, you get extra points for the remaining time. You’ll see your score, ranking, and the leaderboard once you complete the challenge.
We will be giving away Apple’s newest Apple Watch (Series 8) to the winner of the challenge. For second and third place, we will give way a Steam Gift Card.
- - Module 1: Dispelling common myths about freelancing
- - Module 2: What does freelancing look like in 2021 and beyond
- - Module 3: Freelancing choices and what to look for (and what to avoid)
- - Module 4: Benefits of freelancing from a freelancer + case study
- - BREAK - SPEED CODING CHALLENGE
- - Module 6: How to get started freelancing (experience, resume, preparation)
- - Module 7: Common paths to full-time freelancing
- - Module 8: Essentials: setting your rate and getting work
- - Module 9: Next steps: networking with peers, upskilling, changing the world
- - Module 10: Freelancer AMA
- - SPEED CODING WINNER ANNOUNCED
Date & time: November 16, 15:00-18:00 CET. Remote.
JS Security Testing in GitHub Actions
Software development has changed - Frequent deployments, APIs, GraphQL, Cloud Architecture and CI/CD Automation are the norm. So why is security testing the same way it was a decade ago?
Leading teams are realizing that periodical penetration testing and security audits is not enough when code is being shipped daily. Instead, these teams are using developer-centric tools to run automated security testing in a CI/CD pipeline. Join Zachary Conger as he walks through how to automate application JS security testing using GitHub actions.
Date & time: November 16, 17:00-19:00 CET. Remote.
How to Exploit Real World Vulnerabilities
This workshop will lead you through installing and exploiting a number of intentionally vulnerable applications. The applications will use real world packages with know vulnerabilities, including:
- Directory traversal
- Regular expression denial of service (ReDoS)
- Cross site scripting (XSS)
- Remote code execution (RCE)
- Arbitrary file overwrite (Zip Slip)
These exploits exist in a number of applications, most of which you will need to install either locally or on a cloud instance.
You can do this workshop in 2 different flavours:
- Using the prepared Docker images OR
- Install everything on your local machine.
Date & time: November 17, 15:00-17:00 CET. Remote.
Automated accessibility testing with jest-axe and Lighthouse CI
Do your automated tests include a11y checks? This workshop will cover how to get started with jest-axe to detect code-based accessibility violations, and Lighthouse CI to validate the accessibility of fully rendered pages. No amount of automated tests can replace manual accessibility testing, but these checks will make sure that your manual testers aren't doing more work than they need to.
Date & time: November 22, 17:00-20:00 CET. Remote.
Learn to defend by learning the hacker mindset
The Application Security Training is a 3 Hour training. This Training is intended for those who are interested in making a career in the Information Security domain. This training involves real world scenarios that every Security Professional must be well versed with. It involves decompiling, real-time analyzing and testing of the applications from a security standpoint.
This training covers understanding the internals of web and mobile web applications, Real-time testing of web applications and android applications and a strategic approach to analyze applications for OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities (Web) security issues such as Injections, Cross Site Scripting (XSS), CSRF Attacks, Insecure API’s, Insecure logging, Insecure communication, Insufficient cryptography, Insecure authentication and Poor code quality and many more.
Date & time: November 23, 16:00-19:00 CET. Remote.
Flaky Test Management with Cypress
This workshop is for Cypress users who want to step up their game against flake in their test suites. Leveraging the Cypress Real World App, we’ll cover the most common causes of flake, code through some examples of how to make tests more flake resistant, and review best practices for detecting and mitigating flake to increase confidence and reliability.
- - Cypress Real World App Overview
- - What is Flake?
- - Causes of Flake
- - Managing Network-related Flake (Activity)
- - Managing Dom-relate Flake (Activity)
- - Flake Detection and Mitigation Best Practices
- - Q&A
Date & time: November 24, 18:00-21:00 CET. Remote.
Static Web Apps demo – CI/CD, Deployment and Test Pipeline on Azure
A real-world demo and a playground for Azure Static Web Apps service.
Date & time: November 25, 17:00-20:00 CET. Remote.